The Simple Life Cabin
Get back to life’s simple pleasures in this rustic off-grid log cabin in the forest. Completely analogue, there’s no TV, no wifi – just you, a record player, wood heater and cast iron bath. The cabin was originally an artist's potters studio. You can see its history everywhere – from the pottery in the kitchen and the beautiful polished concrete work table, to the clay on the railway sleeper walls. This a grounding space to retreat, read, nourish your creativity and reconnect with nature.
The cabin is set on our 4 acre property, and although is it quite close to our house, it is tucked away so we can’t see it and feels very private. Although you might see us in the garden on weekends, unless you need a hand with anything we will leave you in peace to enjoy the cabin.
Firewood is provided. Bookings are taken up to 3 months in advance.
Featured on the cover of Mob Journal Volume 4 #7 - thisismob.com...
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 03:00pmCheck out before 10:00am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
Receive a full refund (minus service fee) up until 1 week prior to check-in.
- Queen bed
- The sofa converts to a bed so you could squeeze a 3rd person in but you would need to bring linen (and be good friends!)
- The are 6 large Skylights and 4 picture windows so you feel completely enveloped by the forest
- There is a bathroom with a flush toilet located on the back verandah
- Powered facilities are simple and more akin to glamping, so suits a more adventurous traveller (no hairdryers, iron, fridge etc):
- Electricity/ Power comes from a small solar array and battery storage with a backup generator
- We try not to put the generator on while guests are here so we ask that you use electricity mindfully. Please switch off all lights before you leave and when not using.
- Cooking/ There is a camping stove to boil a kettle and a Weber Baby Q BBQ on the verandah (with hotplate and convection tray for roasting)
- In the cooler months you can also cook indoors on the wood heater, which is perfect for slow cooking hearty winter stews
- There is an esky provided for food. Please BYO ice.
- Heating is by wood heater, which is a lovely cosy heat. We are happy to help you get it started if you have never used a wood heater before.
- Note that at a 500 m elevation it is 5 degrees cooler at the cabin than in Healesville
- Make sure you wrap in your favourite jumpers up in spring, winter and autumn
- Water comes from a beautiful mountain spring and is filtered before it enters the cabin. We ask that you only use the eco friendly shampoo and soaps provided in the bath....
- Base Price $225 / night
- Weekend Price $275 / night
- Cleaning Fee $50
- Security Deposit $100
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.