The Simple Life Cabin
Get back to life’s simple pleasures in this rustic off-grid log cabin in the forest. Completely analogue, there’s no TV, no wifi – just you, a record player, wood heater and cast iron bath. The cabin was originally an artist's potters studio. You can see its history everywhere – from the pottery in the kitchen and the beautiful polished concrete work table, to the clay on the railway sleeper walls. This a grounding space to retreat, read, nourish your creativity and reconnect with nature.
The cabin is set on our 4 acre property, and although is it quite close to our house, it is tucked away so we can’t see it and feels very private. Although you might see us in the garden on weekends, unless you need a hand with anything we will leave you in peace to enjoy the cabin.
Firewood is provided. Bookings are taken up to 3 months in advance.
Featured on the cover of Mob Journal Volume 4 #7 - thisismob.com...
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 3pmCheck out before 10am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
- Queen bed
- The sofa converts to a bed so you could squeeze a 3rd person in but you would need to bring linen (and be good friends!)
- The are 6 large Skylights and 4 picture windows so you feel completely enveloped by the forest
- There is a fan assisted composting Natureloo toilet located on the back verandah
- Powered facilities are simple and more akin to glamping, so suits a more adventurous traveller (no hairdryers, iron, fridge etc):
- Electricity/ Power comes from a small solar array and battery storage with a backup generator
- We try not to put the generator on while guests are here so we ask that you use electricity mindfully. Please switch off all lights before you leave and when not using.
- Cooking/ There is a camping stove to boil a kettle and a Weber Baby Q BBQ on the verandah (with hotplate and convection tray for roasting)
- In the cooler months you can also cook indoors on the wood heater, which is perfect for slow cooking hearty winter stews
- There is a cool box provided for food, supplied with ice packs which we can change on request although we recommend you bring ice for meat etc.
- Heating is by wood heater, which is a lovely cosy heat. We are happy to help you get it started if you have never used a wood heater before.
- Note that at a 500 m elevation it is 5 degrees cooler at the cabin than in Healesville
- Make sure you wrap in your favourite jumpers up in spring, winter and autumn
- Water comes from a mountain spring. It is beautiful. We ask that you only use the eco friendly shampoo and soaps provided in the bath.
-There is also filtered water for drinking....
- Base Price $185 / night
- Weekend Price $225 / night
- Cleaning Fee $40
- Security Deposit $100
15% discount for bookings of 4 nights or longer
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
The Black Spur
Trout Salmon Farm
La La Falls
Featured in these Stories
I’ve dreamt of living a simple life, so when our weekend getaways come, we want them to be nothing short of simple living and relaxing. We truly found this at the cabin, and we felt it as soon as we walked through the front door....