The house was built by Jim Commadeur, a man of unusual talents. Some say he was a builder and cabinet maker, others say a piano maker and champion runner - but all agree that he was a pedantic master craftsman.
Liptrap Loft is unique and rustic. If you are a "5 star - no less!" type of person, it probably wont be for you. Please make sure it is your 'cup of tea' before booking....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 2pmCheck out before 10am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
- A 19th-century 4 poster giant KING bed and 2 double beds
- 30 minutes from Wilsons Promontory
- Japanese bath house with soak tub
- Wood fired heater with generous wood supply included
- Unique restored Oregon couch setting imported from USA
- Forest walk around the 5 acres
- 2 mountain bikes for guests to use
- Roofed outdoor dog enclosure with kennel
- 2 Dog beds for inside and outside
- Dog chain and lead
- BBQ (4 burner with hood), quality cookware, wine glasses and essentials
- Only dwelling on 5 acres...
- Base Price $235 / night
- Weekend Price $285 / night
- Security Deposit $250
- Extra People $50 / night after 2 people
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
COASTAL & BUSH WALKS
A range of hiking opportunities are available at the prom, from taking in pristine beaches, temperate rainforest, towering sand dunes or lookouts offering spectacular panoramic views....
Picnic Bay Beach is accessed by a steep track that leads down to the beach, which has rock formations at both ends offering a range of rock pool habitats to explore. Surf lifesavers do not operate at this beach.
Whisky Bay Beach is sheltered and features rock formations at both ends. The access track passes through a gully and follows a small creek before passing over a sand dune to the beach.
Tidal River is a reasonably exposed beach break with fairly consistent surf. Good conditions are produced with an offshore wind from the northeast. Can be busy during summer months....
BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL PARKS
The accommodation itself was exactly what we were looking for. It was rustic yet had all the creature comforts we'd want.
Massive foodies we were also really impressed with everything in the kitchen and the BBQ.
We'll definitely be coming back!...
Featured in these Stories
Sometimes a little slow time at home is just what you need… A “staycation” if you will. Introducing the Liptrap Loft! The ever so rustic Liptrap Loft is a surprisingly large shack on a five acre property, full of character and ch...