Steam - Train Carriage
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 3pmCheck out before 11am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
Can sleep 6 but 2 or 4 would be more comfortable. See Sleeping Options below:
It can sleep six people, but two to four would be more comfortable. The two small bed rooms were train seating compartments, only 2.1m square, so they are only just longer than a bed. The rooms are close together, the bath room is between the kids and second bedroom and there is not a lot of audio insulation. You can hear what is happening in the next compartment.
It is ideal for:
•A couple, with the whole train for themselves it is pretty spacious.
•A couple and two kids.
It should work well for:
•A couple, and up to four kids. Two kids would need to sleep in one queen bed. A great place for kids to take a friend.
•Two couples, as long as they were good friends. It would be close living.
It may work for:
•Four adults, one in each bed. The single beds are train beds, like caravan beds (750mm wide).
•Six adults would be possible, but only if you are planning to be out most of the day and out for dinner. If it a just place to sleep, it could work.
- 3 Bedrooms. Two in a single compartment with a double compartment master bed room. Two Queen beds, two thin train singles.
- Full linen service with beds made up for you on arrival.
- Bathroom with shower
- Open plan kitchen/living room
- Wood fire box heater with wood supply included
- Full small kitchen with stove, oven, sink, fridge and cupboards
- Italian Stove top coffee maker and French Press (plunger)
- Basic provisions like olive oil, spices, tea, coffee, Vegemite and Glad Wrap
-2 adult mountain bikes suitable for trail riding. Helmet (shared with house next door).
- Pets and children welcome. The yard is fenced but a clever dog could easily escape.
NO TV. There is a stereo, books and board games. There is not a washing machine, nor dryer.
Steam, certainly wont be for everyone, but we have had great feedback from the young and the young at heart. There seems to be a great fondness for the "Great Age of Steam", when locomotives were king! In the late 1800's trains were the greatest technological achievement of humans, they opened new horizons, and were a symbol of power and progress. We hope we have tapped in to this, and we're excited to be able to share it with guests....
- Base Price $210 / night
- Weekend Price $275 / night
- Security Deposit $250
- Extra People $50 (adult) and $50 (child) / night after 2 people
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
Great Otway National Park
Featured in these Stories
As we finished up an epic day exploring the Great Ocean Road we wound inland as the afternoon fog started to roll in and ushered us into the restored 1926 train carriage aptly named ‘Steam’. We felt instantly relaxed as we walked...
Our family has a love of road trips and quirky places to stay, so the Steam Carriage did not disappoint. It’s often hard to find dog friendly places to stay and a place to keep a teenager happy! With the school holidays almost to...