IMPORTANT NOTE: There is currently limited road access to the property. Please refer to Guests Access for more details before booking.
Piccolino is located along Wolgan River, Wolgan Valley, in the Lithgow Region, with expansive escarpment views, where you can rest and enjoy in comfort. There is a fire pit for your enjoyment.
Our modern tiny house accommodation includes split air conditioning, a kitchenette including a microwave and portable induction stove, cooking equipment, BBQ, bathroom facilities, and filtered drinking water.
The bathroom, follows ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin, and shower (gas heated for hot showers), with water sourced from our rainwater tanks. We utilise natural resources and processes as much as possible to ensure we have a minimal impact on the environment.
Piccolino is a self-catered retreat. There are no opportunities to purchase food at Piccolino, but we supply essentials like ground coffee, organic tea, olive oil, salt and pepper. With access in and out of the Valley limited at the moment, we strongly recommend that you purchase groceries in Lithgow or Wallerawang before you arrive. Thank you!...
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 03:00pmCheck out before 10:00am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
Receive a 50% refund of the total booking amount (minus service fee) up until 1 week prior to check-in.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, including the bushwalk and mountain bike trails in the area.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING:
With the recent landslide last November 2022, the usual road into the Wolgan Valley via the Wolgan Gap has closed permanently. There is limited road access directly to and from the property. A temporary access road has been constructed, which is very steep and is currently restricted to residents 4WD vehicles only at limited times of day.
Please note that the access road is continually being upgraded, and these access conditions are continually being relaxed to accommodate better access into the Valley as the road conditions improve. The below conditions may change by the time of your stay. We will keep you informed as your booking approaches.
For guests booked at Piccolino, we have arranged for secure parking for your vehicle outside of the Valley in nearby Lidsdale. Your land host will contact you prior to your arrival to arrange to transfer you to and from your accommodation using their own 4WD vehicle. Get ready for an adventure: you will experience a steep but beautiful drive through the escarpments to the Valley below.: Transfer fees to the property are included in your accommodation fare. Due to current access availability, check in time is between 3PM to 6PM. Any late arrivals will incur an additional fee.
Should you wish to explore other townships during your stay, you may arrange transfer directly with your land host which will incur an additional fee which can be paid on site.
Other things to note
- There is no wifi or mobile phone reception available. Come prepared to completely disconnect
- No smoking allowed inside the tiny house
- No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed
- Please help us keep the house clean by cleaning up after yourselves
- We are completely surrounded by National Park, so pets are not allowed on the property
- A small selection of firewood and fire lighters are provided free of charge for use in the fire pit. Guests may collect kindling and small pieces of fallen timber on the ground. Guests are welcome to bring their own firewood if they plan to use the fire pit extensively. Please do not cut any trees or branches
- Keep in mind that BBQ grills and outdoor fire pits are not available during fire bans.
- Due to the property's rural location, you may encounter inconveniences such as insects and animals during your stay. We have insect screens to prevent insects coming into the tiny house. We recommend guests ensure they keep the main door closed....
- Base Price $352 / night
- Weekend Price $374 / night
- Cleaning Fee $150
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
Adventures on the Property
These are the exclusive natural wonders and outdoor activities within the property boundaries.
Bushwalking And Mountain Bike Riding
Spot Some Wildlife On Our Property
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.