Aire River Escape
Paddle to the Aire River mouth (kayaks and safety gear provided) and take a walk on the secluded Glenaire Beach or head upstream and take in the peaceful surrounds of the lush Otway forest. Terrific for bird watching, koala spotting and platypus stalking. At the end of the day relax in the sauna and spa overlooking the valley views.
Return guests to Aire River Escape enjoy the peaceful solitude and the low impact, solar passive cabin. The perfect place to switch off, your only neighbors are the cows, sheep, and the native wild life. .
If you can bear to tear yourself away from this peaceful property, the closest beach is a 5 min drive away and is excellent for surfing and beach fishing. Very handy to the best part of the Great Ocean Walking Track....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 2pmCheck out before 10am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
- Full kitchen (with dishwasher and coffee machine)
- Cedar sauna
- Outdoor spa
- DVD library
- Sorry the cabin is not safe or suitable for young children
- please note there is no central heating or air-conditioning, there is a wood fire and ceiling fans.
- 2 x kayaks & life jackets
- I will rarely interact with the guests. The whole attraction to this place is the seclusion. The key is in a key safe with a code. I can be contacted if there are any problems.
- 2 night minimum on weekends. Minimum stays are also applicable during long weekends, Easter and January holidays.
- The toilet is located in an out building. It is an environmentally friendly, no water, no smell composting toilet. I know it sounds gross, but I promise you it's not.
- There is no TV reception at the cabin, an extensive DVD library is provided.
- There is a weak Telstra Mobile signal at the cabin. But it improves if you walk up the hill.
- Rain water is captured and stored in tanks, it is clean and safe. If you do not wish to drink this lovely water straight of the Southern Ocean, you will need to bring your own.
- Fire wood is not provided during warmer months. (Jan, Feb, March). You are welcome to have a fire in the fire place, if you bring your own wood.
- Respectful guests only and please don't be wasteful of resources. Guests that meet this criteria will be welcomed back with return guest discounts....
- Base Price $298 / night
- Weekend Price $368 / night
- Security Deposit $500
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
Kayaking Aire River
Great Otway National Park
Surfing at Johanna
Featured in these Stories
Our stay at Aire River Escape was truly unforgettable. Winding our way through the stunning Otway Ranges with sunbeams slicing through the gigantic gum trees, we reach the ocean and moments later arrive at the gate of our accommo...