Aire River Escape
This clever little space has been built for couples looking to reconnect with nature. Aire River Escape is nestled on a bend of the stunning Aire Heritage River and overlooks rich farmland and the Otway National Park. The river views accompanied by the sounds of wildlife and farm animals will lull you into a state of calm.
There are two kayaks provided for guests. You can paddle to river mouth on Glenaire Beach or head upstream and take in the peaceful surrounds. Once back at your cosy cabin, light the fire and head outside to soak in the outdoor spa bath that is situated on the deck overlooking the river. Treat yourself to a steam bath in the full size cedar sauna.
Return guests to Aire River Escape enjoy the peaceful solitude and the low impact, solar passive cabin. The perfect place to switch off, your only neighbors are the cows, sheep and the native wild life. .
If you can bear to tear yourself away from this peaceful property, the closest beach is is a 5 min drive away and is excellent for surfing and beach fishing.
AIRE RIVER ESCAPE DETAILS
The cabin is designed to minimize any impact on the environment. A no smell, composting toilet is located in an out building. I know it sounds gross but I promise you its not! Robes are provided for guests.
- Full kitchen (with dishwasher and coffee machine)
- Cedar sauna
- Outdoor spa
- DVD library
- Sorry the cabin is not safe or suitable for young children
- 2 x kayaks & life jackets
- I will rarely interact with the guests. The whole attraction to this place is the seclusion. The key is in a key safe with a code. I can be contacted if there are any problems.
- 2 night minimum on weekends. Minimum stays are also applicable during long weekends, Easter and January holidays.
- The toilet is located in an out building. It is an environmentally friendly, no smell composting toilet. I know it sounds gross, but I promise you it's not.
- There is no TV reception at the cabin, an extensive DVD library is provided.
- There is a Telstra Mobile signal at the property.
- Rain water is captured and stored in tanks, it is clean and safe. If you do not wish to drink this water you will need to bring your own.
- Fire wood is not provided during warmer months. (Jan, Feb, March). You are welcome to have a fire in the fire place, if you bring your own wood.
- Please wipe down the kitchen, oven and fridge. It's fine to leave the dishwasher going as you leave, but don't forget to turn it on before you leave.
- Don't light the fire or re stoke it the morning you are leaving, this makes it difficult for me to prepare the fire for the next guest.
- Please don't be wasteful of resources.
Kayak upstream for Cool Temperate Rain Forest or downstream through farmland and significant wetlands to the Aire River mouth.
Great Surf, Fishing, Bird-watching, Bush Walks and Swimming.
There are two kayaks provided for guests to explore the Aire River. Go paddling upstream and take in the peaceful surrounds and bird life or drop in a line and catch a fish. The river gently flows through the Great Otway National Park, joined by three minor tributaries and significant wetlands.
Great Ocean Road
Experience some of the best surf in Victoria for advanced riders along the Great Ocean Road. From Bird Rock, the world-renowned Bells Beach, Winki Pop, Centreside or Cathedral Rock. Along the coast there are good surf spots at Johanna, Cumberland River, Wye River, Baldy Rock, Skene's Creek, Sawmills and Kennett River.
Johanna beach is also a very popular fishing spot and during winter, a major lure for anglers are the sea-run brown trout which are returning to the river to spawn and are often caught on lures around the old bridge pilings.
Great Ocean Walk
There is nothing like the Great Ocean Walk located on the Great Ocean Road region between Apollo Bay and the iconic Twelve Apostles, the trail follows the coastline for more than 100km. Admire this spectacular coast and the changes in landscape each day.
GREAT OTWAY NATIONAL PARK
The Great Otway National Park stretches from Torquay over to Princetown and through to the Otways hinterland near Colac. The park contains rugged wild coastlines, sandy beaches, exposed heathland and gorgeous spring wildflowers. In the north, the park has tall forests, lush ferny gullies, stunning waterfalls and peaceful lakes.
GREAT OCEAN ROAD & WATERFALLS
Experience your own Great Ocean Road adventure and discover one of the world's most scenic and beautiful coastal drives. See the impressive Twelve Apostles, spot native wildlife, take in iconic surf breaks, unspoiled rainforest and cascading waterfalls. Discover the stunning Erskine Falls, feel the fine mist from the water cascading 30 metres into the lush valley of the Erskine River. One of the most popular waterfalls in the Otways.
I'm Lisa. I am semi retired and enjoy sailing and gardening and running my holiday rental properties. It's important to me that my guests have a great holiday and feel like they...View Profile ›