Yarranungara Yurt Retreat
Just for Two - Just for You! Located in a secret, secluded location. The ultimate experience of nature with cosy comfort protected from the elements, offering unparalleled privacy, forest and waterways. There is only one Yurt, you will always be our only guests and enjoy total privacy.
Covid-19 - as well as strict, approved cleaning protocols, we believe that time is the best protection for our guests, and are only taking one booking per week with 7 days between bookings for peace of mind.
Exclusive eco-luxury glamping in the heart of Victoria’s High Country. Handcrafted Mongolian Yurt and bespoke red gum ensuite overlooking 100 acres of natural red gum forest and waterways with private King River frontage.
Experience one of the few remaining old growth forests where morning sunrays light the trees and stunning sunrises and sunsets are reflected in the still waters of Lake Bobbinaworra. Fall in love with the outdoors again - stargaze beside the fire on deck, swing in the hammocks or take a stroll to Lake Bobbinaworra for the Swing Chair, Floating Jetty & Row Boat.
Enjoy hassle-free, eco-luxury glamping with all the creature comforts in our fully furnished and equipped yurt, ensuite and camp kitchen. Just bring yourself, food and drink (if you want to eat in) and we’ll take care of the rest!
Room to breathe in the heart of the beautiful King Valley Gourmet Food & Wine Region. A short drive to nearby wineries, eateries, gin distillery, craft beer and attractions. There is no shortage of restaurants, art galleries, wineries, national parks, Indigenous heritage, waterfalls, lookouts, horse riding, cooking masterclasses, music, markets, hot air ballooning, fishing, four wheel driving, yoga in the vines, cycling and hiking trails, festivals and events....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 12pmCheck out before 11am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
Receive a full refund (minus service fee) up until 1 week prior to check-in.
• Fully enclosed ensuite; rainwater hot shower; odor-free compositing toilet
• Covered walkway between Yurt, Ensuite and Camp-kitchen
• Covered pergola/camp-kitchen area with red gum breakfast bar
• Red gum deck; wood-fire chiminea; Hammocks; Outdoor Chairs/Coffee Table
• Gravity fed rainwater to ensuite and kitchen sink
• Wood-fire Hot Water Service
• 12 volt Solar Powered Lighting and 95 Litre Bar Fridge
• EV Charger 7 mins away at King River Cafe
• Short stroll to Lake Bobbinaworra for Swing Chair, Floating Jetty & Rowboat
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Please note: The Yurt Retreat runs on 12 volt solar power – NOT suitable for normal household equipment/devices.
A 12 volt hairdryer is supplied which can be run on the cigarette lighter in your vehicle.
You are welcome to use our iron or hairdryer at the main house should you need to.
The following is included in our rates:
• 95 Litre Bar Fridge with Vegetable Crisper and small freezer section
• 10 litre glass drinking water dispenser with filtered rainwater
• USB phone/device charger (byo usb cable to suit your device/phone)
• Portable and over-bed fans during summer AND Eco-Air Coolers
• Hydronic heating during winter
• Luxury Koala mattress on ecofriendly, bespoke, hand-crafted queen bed
• Quality bed linen
• Australian wool doona and pillows
• Extra blankets for winter
• First Aid Kit
• Carbon monoxide and smoke alarms
• Solar lighting
• Battery operated candles
• Lantern and bedside torches
• Spare batteries
• Bird identification book and basic binoculars
• Book of Bpangerang Dreamtime Stories
• Battleship Board Game
• Tourism brochures
• Small storage cupboard and drawers; Mirror; Hangers and hooks for clothing
• Bespoke tables, stools and bench seat
ENSUITE – fully enclosed
• Rainwater hot shower
• Natures Head odourless composting toilet
• Bath towels, hand towel, face washers and bamboo wash cloths
• Environmentally friendly Australian-made Sukin Organics hand and body washes, shampoo and conditioner. Australia's favourite natural skincare brand
• 12 volt hairdryer which can be run on the cigarette lighter in your vehicle
• Disposable shower cap
• Toilet Paper and tissues
• Basin, mirror and shelves
• Wood-fired Hot Water Service
• Rainwater tank
• Motion sensor solar lighting
• Smoke alarm
• Kitchen sink – tea towel, gloves, dishwashing liquid, cloth, scourer, brush, rack
CAMP KITCHEN - Undercover
• Gas flatplate BBQ and dual burner wok cooker
• Basic kitchen utensils, frypan, saucepan, kettle, camp toaster, plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, glassware, wine opener and aerator, stubby holders, wine glasses, ice bucket (in Yurt)
• Pantry - Moccona coffee & Raw sugar in dispensers; Black, Peppermint and Green enveloped tea bags; Salt and pepper grinders; Olive oil; Paper towel; BBQ wipes; Toothpicks; Milk (in fridge)
• 10 litre glass drinking water dispenser with filtered rainwater
• Bespoke red gum floating brekky bar and bench seat
• Rubbish, Recycle and Composting Bins with earth friendly composting bags
• Solar lighting
• Fire extinguisher and blanket
• Table and chairs
• Wood-fire chiminea (set to light with firelighters + extra wood and kindling)
• Outdoor misting fan in summer
• Outdoor blankets for extra warmth in winter
• 2 x double hammock on frames to move wherever you desire
• Market Umbrella for movable shade
• Rechargeable Bug Zappers
• Pagodas with citronella candles. Thermacell Mozzie Repeller also provided.
• Solar lights
• Swimming towels
• Light weight hiking chairs
• Picnic rug, backpack and picnic backpack
• Esky and Insulated Back Pack
• Walking sticks
• Fly nets for hats
• Heavy duty torch
• Insect swat, spray and shoo-away insect repellers
• Radio and Scrabble Game
• Lake – Swing Chair; Row Boat; Jetty - Chairs, Table, Thai Loungers, Towels/Blankets, Ice bucket, Marquee
• River – Hammocks, Fly/Mozzie Net, Stubby Holders, Wine Glasses, Wine Glass and Bottle Stakes
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Clothes, some food and drinks (if planning to dine in), walking shoes (covered, sturdy – think mud, cow poo, prickles). No shoes in Yurt, so bring some slippers and comfy slip on/off footwear for the short dash to the ensuite in case of inclement weather.
Summer: Bring your bathers for a refreshing dip, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent (it is the outdoors after all!).
Winter: Warm winter clothing to enjoy the outdoor areas, we recommend thermal under layers, water-proof boots.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to the bad behaviour of a few:
- Strictly NO animals, children, or more than 2 people - if you fail to adhere, you will be asked to leave & no refund will be given
- Shoes OFF to enter Yurt - extra cleaning charges will apply if not adhered to. We recommend easy on/off footwear for the short dash between the Yurt and bathroom
- Lubricant or other marks on linen which can't be removed with normal washing will incur extra charges for Dry Cleaning &/or replacement
- Strictly Unsuitable for Infants or Children
- Strictly NO naked flames in Yurt – all candles are battery operated. To avoid fire
- This is a non-smoking facility, for the comfort and safety of guests AND safety of the surrounding environment. If you must smoke, please do so only in the Pergola area and use ONLY the provided ‘Butt Bucket’ to extinguish cigarettes
- Please respect the wildlife, environment & facilities
- Please keep all belongings safe, in the event that your personal possessions are lost, damaged or misplaced on the property, we do not assume financial responsibility
- Extreme Weather conditions - In the event of extreme weather conditions which may endanger the safety of our guests, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule bookings
- Chiminea – Use is subject to suitable weather conditions and fire bans
Lake Bobbinaworras expansive waters reflect the skies, trees, vineyard, sunrise and sunset. Sparkling with sunlight, or dimpled with raindrops, sometimes teeming with birdlife, sometimes hosting a solitary bird, always a beautiful, tranquil spot to enjoy and reflect and now boasts: Swing Chair, Floating Jetty and Rowboat.
Gourmet Food, Wine, Gin and Beer Heaven! Discover the stunning King Valley, one of the most picturesque and unspoilt valleys in Australia in the foothills of the Alpine National Park. A short drive to nearby wineries, eateries, gin distillery, craft beer and attractions. There is no shortage of restaurants, art galleries, wineries, national parks, Indigenous heritage, waterfalls, lookouts, horse riding, cooking masterclasses, music, markets, hot air ballooning, fishing, four wheel driving, yoga in the vines, cycling and hiking trails, festivals and events. The vast array of award winning wines and excellent produce heralds one of Australia’s most celebrated gourmet regions. From local honey, mustard, cheese, olives, craft beer, gin, mead and wines – the region is overflowing with things to taste and explore.
Beautiful native forests surround King Valley, flowing streams and mountain fed rivers and lakes so crystal clear they reflect the striking rock formations of the mountains around them. There are many walks to choose from with beautiful lookouts and picturesque lakes.
Explore the natural splendour of the valley by foot. Dip your toes in a refreshing cold stream, uncover a sense of freedom as the breeze stirs through the forest and feel at one with nature. Activities in the King Valley Include:
• Craft gin and beer
• Gourmet food and wine – award winning
• Nature – bird and wildlife watching
• Photography – wildlife and nature
• Action sports - rock climbing, hang gliding, skydiving
• Adventure – action and water sports, flights
• Arts and culture – galleries, performing arts, museums
• Bushwalking and hiking
• Conservation and National Parks
• Cooking - masterclasses, salami making
• Cycling - rail trail, pedal to produce and events
• Eco-tourism – onsite remnant old growth forest and wetlands
• Farm Produce and Markets
• Festivals and events – music, food, wine, cycle, horse, yoga
• Fishing - bait, fly lure
• Four-wheel driving - tour or self-drive
• Furniture making - onsite
• History – bushrangers, goldrush
• Horseriding - recreational and events
• Hot air ballooning and scenic flights - chopper/glider
• Indigenous Culture – onsite and Bullawah Trail
• Mountain biking – ‘Dirty Dozen’ bike trails
• Shopping – antiques, boutique jewellery and clothing
• Swimming, water and jet skiing
• Watersports - recreational, motorised, white water
• Yoga – studio or in the vines
All Guests must view and adhere to essential check-in and Covid Safety information which will be sent via video link before your stay....
- Base Price $207 / night
- Security Deposit $200
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
Adventures on the Property
These are the exclusive natural wonders and outdoor activities within the property boundaries.
Explore The Property
Outdoor Equipment Provided
Enjoy the outdoors with the following equipment included in your stay.
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.