Japanese Zen Retreat
Influenced by the styles of the Kyoto Palace and nestled at the base of a gully, the Zen Retreat has been built on a tranquil pond with only the sound of frogs and kookaburra's to disturb you.
As the sun goes down in the afternoon what better place to be than sitting on the veranda overlooking the pond and drinking a glass of local wine or curling up on the couch in the lounge while the delicate patterns of sunlight on water reflect on the walls and ceiling around you.
Surrounded by a secluded "Bush Style" interpretation of a Japanese Garden the Japanese Zen Retreat is an idyllic setting for a relaxing getaway. The retreat is located in Gippsland on 22 acres of natural bushland at at the foothills of Mount Baw Baw. Explore the region bushwalking through rainforests to visit one of Victoria's tallest trees or discover one of the oldest wooden trestle bridges....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 3pmCheck out before 11am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
- Two queen beds
- Large living area with TV, DVD/CD player and universal iPod docking station
- Kitchen with Double Hob, Microwave, Fridge, Tea and coffee provided
- Spa bath and separate shower
- Sliding shoji screens
- Timber flooring
- Country Basket Breakfast Hamper (Vegetarian and diet specific options available, please advise at time of booking)...
- Base Price $250 / night
- Weekend Price $300 / night
- Security Deposit $200
- Extra People $75 (adult) and $75 (child) / night after 2 people
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
The Jindi Caf
Apex Picnic Area Lookout
Alpine Trout Farm
Toorongo Amphitheatre Falls
Featured in these Stories
With high expectations, we headed out to the Japanese Zen Retreat and boy oh boy it lived up to the hype! From the private lake to the Kyoto Palace-inspired architecture, it was the perfect escape from the hustle. The two bedr...