1950's Rustic Train Carriage on Alpaca Farm
Our health and safety, the communities and our guests are always our number one priority. We are hyper hygiene alert and very cautious (as we were with the fires in November).
Please read our blog on our procedures and do not visit if you are feeling unwell. Wash your hands and practice social distance. We will continue to monitor as weeks go by. Read our blog littlevalleyfarm com au
Stay at our eco off-the-grid farm in our 'rustic' 1950's Sydney Train carriage and Tiny Shepherd's Hut - true glamping style.
Glamping for 4 adults in the Lower Hunter Valley - Laguna.
Rustic farm stay glamping style: Satisfying your craving for the outdoors and your penchant for a good meal, nice glass of wine, and a comfortable bed. Its nothing like a hotel, your room does open up to a beautiful landscape instead of a lobby.
We live in a small beautiful secluded valley surrounded by bushland. Our paddocks are the local Wollaroo favourites with good grass all year round. We grow seasonal produce, especially in autumn, spring and summer. Our train deck is the perfect place to hang out and watch our alpacas, guinea fowl and chickens move about the farm totally surrounded by bushland and creek frontage....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 3pmCheck out before 11am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
* Spacious bedroom with comfy queen bed.
Inside the train cabin:
* Rustic kitchenette with 12-volt fridge and small gas hob,
* Undercover BBQ,
* Outdoor wood-fired pizza oven (book this in with us as we need 3 hours slow burn).
* Waterless-composting toilet,
* Glam bathroom with hot and cold shower facilities,
* Outdoor bath with hot and cold water,
* Lounge room with small gas heater,
* 'hang-out' deck overlooking the alpaca paddocks.
* Two outdoor comfy hammocks
* Yoga mats
* Linen and towels provided.
Bedroom 2 - The Petite Shepherd's
Our petite (3x2m) Shepherd's Hut has a double bed inside and is located by the creek. A short walk away (100m) from the train. It uses the kitchen and bathroom facilities on the train.
The train is not insulated but there is a gas heater in the lounge area and lots of heavy doonas in the bedroom for winter - true 'glamping' style!
Winter will be cold and summer can be hot inside and outside - so please be prepared for the weather elements as you would when camping.
Our train facilities have been hand-built using recycled and upcycled materials. We rummaged around Sydney to find 100-year-old timbers from a house in Balmain, old mirrors from the inner-west, an old laundry tub from the central coast, claw bath from Gladesville, and old doors from dad's shed.
Please note, this is a couples farm stay and we don't accept children. All guests must be over 18 yo from mid-2019.
This is a working farm and our house is located up the hill behind the train. You will see us on the paddock and you are welcome to join in alpaca feeding and grooming if you wish.
Local Area Info
* Our local pub, GNTP, Great Northern Trading Post has an amazing weekend dinner plus brekkie, lunch and great coffee and it's only 4.5kms drive. Friday nights they have music so do book for dinner. 02 4998 8244
*Laguna Village Providore run by Raza for fresh fruit, veg, and deli essentials but is not open every day. It is right next to GNTP. You can pre-order grazing platters for 2 or 4 pax and pick up from the store.
*Bike Hire: Hunter Valley Bicycle Rentals simply book in advance online before you arrive and they will deliver the bikes to our farm. 02 4909 8492 - https://www.huntervalleybicyclerentals.com.au/
*Therapeutic Touch Mobile Massage.
Phone Michelle 0437 694 984 for deep tissue massage or full-body therapeutic massage with essential oils. Book in advance and enjoy it on our train deck overlooking the paddocks.
Book this in so you don’t miss out. Simply call Melissa of Grape Experience Tours for half or full days around the vineyards. 0414 457 956.
*Girri Girra Aboriginal Tours and Smoking Ceremony. Book in a private tour with Tim and learn about his culture and the Wollombi Valley.
Wollombi village is only ten minutes away. Finchley Track for bushing walk and sightseeing is a short drive away and check out Wollombi Valley Tourism website for more -things-to-do in the Valley.
If you are attending a Pokolbin concert or hot air ballooning - its approx 40 mins drive. For concerts, you can book in advance Rover Bus pick from GNTP. For wine tours, contact Melissa of Grape Experience Tours.
Little Valley Farm has been featured on the ABC Newcastle and Hunter Coastal Lifestyle magazine and best of all, it's a unique 'glamping' experience in Wollombi Valley.
Road access is by standard 2WD & 4WD but you will need detailed directions. Our road is not suitable for motorbikes or minivans. Our neighbour's kids ride their horses on our road so keep an eye out for them. Our road is a dirt track road with potholes and surrounded by thick bush. It is steep but only in a small section. It looks rough but any standard 2WD car can get up it. Low cars need to go very slow.
We have limited wi-fi (unreliable) and there is no mobile reception in Laguna, which is a great excuse to unwind from it all - get your digital detox here. If you pop up to the house we can sort out the wi-fi and we have a fixed landline phone.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We are here for your arrival & departure and to show you around. I will give you a quick tour of our off-grid farm. You will see us during the day attending to our farm chores.
- We are off-grid & we love it! So no toasters, hairdryers, dishwashers etc..
- The Train has limited 12v lighting. 240v access is possible. Camping style!
- Rainwater is harvested for the house, livestock & the produce we grow.
- Please shut all gates to protect our livestock.
- Drive slow down our 1k driveway: look out for wombats, roo's, lyrebirds & goanna's.
- We are a working farm so you will see us.
- Pack an esky so you can enjoy brekkie or lunch on the train deck.
- The train is not insulated so cold in winter and can be hot in summer, so be prepared for the weather elements.
- Our alpacas are friendly and love guests, we feed them in the late afternoon and you can get involved and take a lot of photos.
- No parties or events.
- Not safe or suitable for children or dogs.
- No feeding the livestock and keep gates closed.
- Driveway good for 4x4 & standard 2 wheel drive (not suitable for motorbikes).
- No children, No pets, No smokers.
- No evening bonfires unless we have the relevant fire permits in place.
- For first time visitors best to arrive before dark to ensure you find our place as without mobile coverage it can be difficult. Your digital detox starts here....
- Base Price $155 / night
- Weekend Price $169 / night
- Cleaning Fee $59
- Extra People $49 (adult) and $0 (child) / night after 2 people
Adventures on the Property
These are the exclusive natural wonders and outdoor activities within the property boundaries.
Feeding The Alpacas
I don't think many people could say that they feed Alpacas while having a bath. A surreal once-in-a-lifetime opportunity I will treasure forever....
Plant A Tree
Exploring In Nature
Yoga With The Alpacas
Outdoor Bath With A View
Exploring The Bushland
Fresh Local Produce
Outdoor Equipment Provided
Enjoy the outdoors with the following equipment included in your stay.
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
Visit Wollombi Tavern
Bushwalking In The Wollombi Valley
Gravel Bike Riding Book In Your Bike Hire At Hvbr
Yengo National Park
The Train Carriage had all the essentials needed for your getaway - hammock included. We hope to be back, especially when the little ones are born! Thank you, thank you!...
Daniela and Ewan are just the perfect hosts too, so welcoming, friendly and helpful.
The train carriage is one of the coolest set ups we have been to, we absolutely loved it.
We had the best time just relaxing on the deck reading and watching the guinea fowls chase each other around and then in the evening watching the epic sunset with a glass of wine.
The alpacas are the cutest and feeding them was just the best ever. Daniela took some excellent photos for us feeding the alpacas, thank you so much!
Pizzas cooked in the pizza oven were delicious and fun to make.
We had such a great time that we will definitely return in the near future.
Thank you again Daniela and Ewan for an unforgettable experience....
Featured in these Stories
We jump at the chance to disappear for a few days, immerse ourselves in nature and forget about phones and tech for a while, so The Little Valley Farm was a perfect opportunity to do just that. We started off with ideas of g...