1950's Rustic Train Carriage on Alpaca Farm - adults eco-farmstay
Get BACK-TO-BASICS and enjoy nature with us, your host, Euan & Daniela of Little Valley Farm.
SLOW-STAY is the perfect experience for the ECO-CONSCIOUS & ADVENTUROUS souls that enjoy being away from the masses and slightly remote.
Little Valley Farm is an off-the-grid experience (solar) with our 'rustic' 1950's Sydney Train carriage - true glamping style.
Satisfying your craving for the outdoors and your penchant for a good meal, a nice glass of wine, and a comfortable bed. It's nothing like a hotel - your cabin opens up to a beautiful landscape of alpacas.
We live in a remote valley surrounded by bushland. Our lush paddocks are local Wollaroo favourites, with good grass all year round.
We take great care to provide detailed information about our farmstay, so please take the time to read our full listing before making your reservation.
*Please note all guests must be over 18 years old—no children/infants/dogs....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 03:00pmCheck out before 11:00am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
Receive a 50% refund of the total booking amount (minus service fee) up until 1 week prior to check-in.
* Spacious bedroom with comfy queen bed.
Inside the train cabin:
* Rustic kitchenette and small gas hob,
* Small fridge (12-volt) its the size of a mini-bar.
* Undercover BBQ
* Outdoor wood-fired pizza oven (book this in 36 hours before your arrival).
* Kitchen utensils, cutlery, kettle, pots and pans supplies.
* Waterless-composting toilet,
* Glam bathroom with hot and cold shower facilities,
* Outdoor bath with hot and cold water,
* Lounge room with small gas heater,
* 'Hang-out' deck overlooking the alpaca paddocks.
* Two outdoor comfy hammocks
* Yoga mats
* Linen and towels provided.
*The train is not insulated, but there is a gas heater in the lounge area and lots of heavy doonas in the bedroom for winter - true 'glamping' style!
*Winter will be cold, and summer can be hot inside and outside - so please be prepared for the weather elements as you would when camping.
Our train facilities have been hand-built using recycled and upcycled materials. We rummaged around Sydney to find 100-year-old timbers from a house in Balmain, old mirrors from the inner-west, an old laundry tub from the central coast, a claw bath from Gladesville, and old doors from dad's shed.
Our NEW Cabin (Bring your Friends)
Our second cabin is called the ‘SHEARER'S STUDIO’ if you want to come with friends, please get in touch with Daniela for the rate.
- We are off-grid & love it! NO toasters, hairdryer, NO air con.
- Train has limited 12-volt lighting. 240v access is possible. Camping style!
- Rainwater is harvested for the house, livestock and cabins.
- Please shut all gates to protect our livestock.
- Drive slowly on our driveway. Look out for wombats, roos & lyrebirds.
- We are a working farm so you will see us.
- Pack an esky to enjoy brekkie or lunch on the train deck.
- The train is not insulated, so cold in winter and can be hot in summer, so BE prepared for the weather elements.
- Our alpacas are friendly and love guests; we feed them in the late afternoon, and you can get involved.
- Closed shoes on the paddocks at all times due to snakes.
- No feeding the livestock human food and keep gates closed.
- Driveway good for 4x4 & standard 2-wheel drive (unsuitable for motorbikes or modified low cars).
- No children, No pets, No smokers. No parties.
- No evening bonfires unless we have the relevant fire permits in place.
- First-time visitors arrive before dark to ensure you find our place, as it can be difficult without mobile coverage.
Local Area Info -
I will send you a list of places to visit, things to do and where the eat.
All the locals best-of-the-best secrets.
Road access is by standard 2WD & 4WD but you will need detailed directions. Our road is not suitable for motorbikes. Kids ride their horses on our road so keep an eye out for them. Our road is a dirt track road surrounded by potholes and thick bush. It is steep but only in a small section. It looks rough but any standard 2WD car can get up it. Go Get cars are fine. Low-modified cars are not suitable.
We have limited wi-fi, and there is no mobile reception in Laguna, which is a great excuse to unwind from it all - get your digital detox here. If you pop up to the house, we can sort out the wi-fi, and we have a fixed landline phone.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We are here for your arrival & departure and to show you around. I will give you a quick tour of our off-grid farm, show you how to feed the alpacas, and get some great photos.
This is a working farm, and our house is located up the hill behind the train. You will see us on the paddocks attending to our daily chores. You are welcome to hang out with the alpacas. They will love that!...
- Base Price $279 / night
- Weekend Price $280 / night
- Cleaning Fee $49
- Extra People $249 / night after 2 people
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
Adventures on the Property
These are the exclusive natural wonders and outdoor activities within the property boundaries.
Plant A Tree
Feeding The Alpacas
I don't think many people could say that they feed Alpacas while having a bath. A surreal once-in-a-lifetime opportunity I will treasure forever....
Outdoor Equipment Provided
Enjoy the outdoors with the following equipment included in your stay.
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.