1950's Rustic Train Carriage on Alpaca Farm - eco-farmstay
Rustic farmstay glamping style: Satisfying your craving for the outdoors and your penchant for a good meal, nice glass of wine, and a comfortable bed. Its nothing like a hotel, your room does open up to a beautiful landscape instead of a lobby.
We live in a secluded valley surrounded by bushland. Our paddocks are the local Wollaroo favourites with good grass all year round. We grow seasonal produce, especially in autumn, spring and summer. Our train deck is the perfect place to hang out and watch our alpacas, guinea fowl and chickens move about the farm totally surrounded by bushland and creek frontage.
Glamping for adults only and not suitable for dogs due to the safety of our alpacas....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 3pmCheck out before 11am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
* Spacious bedroom with comfy queen bed.
Inside the train cabin:
* Rustic kitchenette and small gas hob,
* Small fridge (12-volt) size of a mini-bar.
* Undercover BBQ,
* Outdoor wood-fired pizza oven (book this in 36 hours before your arrival date).
* Kitchen utensils, cutlery, kettle, pots and pans supplies.
* Waterless-composting toilet,
* Glam bathroom with hot and cold shower facilities,
* Outdoor bath with hot and cold water,
* Lounge room with small gas heater,
* 'hang-out' deck overlooking the alpaca paddocks.
* Two outdoor comfy hammocks
* Yoga mats
* Linen and towels provided.
Coming with others? Let us know, we have the tiny Shepherds Hut available. (depending on it availability). Rate is charged per person and its a double bed inside the tiny hut.
*The train is not insulated but there is a gas heater in the lounge area and lots of heavy doonas in the bedroom for winter - true 'glamping' style!
*Winter will be cold and summer can be hot inside and outside - so please be prepared for the weather elements as you would when camping.
Our train facilities have been hand-built using recycled and upcycled materials. We rummaged around Sydney to find 100-year-old timbers from a house in Balmain, old mirrors from the inner-west, an old laundry tub from the central coast, claw bath from Gladesville, and old doors from dad's shed.
***Please note, this is a couples farm stay and we do not accept children. All guests must be over 18 years old from mid-2019.
- We are off-grid & we love it! NO toasters, hairdryers, dishwashers, no air con. Get back to nature and basics.
- The Train has limited 12 volt lighting. 240v access is possible. Camping style!
- Rainwater is harvested for the house, livestock & the produce we grow.
- Please shut all gates to protect our livestock.
- Drive slow on our driveway. Look out for wombats, roo's, lyrebirds & goanna's.
- We are a working farm so you will see us.
- Pack an esky so you can enjoy brekkie or lunch on the train deck.
- The train is not insulated so cold in winter and can be hot in summer, so be prepared for the weather elements.
- No electrical appliances for hair - please tell your partner to avoid tears!
- Our alpacas are friendly and love guests, we feed them in the late afternoon and you can get involved and take a lot of photos.
- Closed shoes on the paddocks at all times due to snakes. (Its their home also).
- Not safe or suitable for children or dogs.
- No feeding the livestock human food and keep gates closed.
- Driveway good for 4x4 & standard 2 wheel drive (not suitable for motorbikes).
- No children, No pets, No smokers. No parties.
- No late check-ins please.
- No evening bonfires unless we have the relevant fire permits in place.
- For the first time visitors best to arrive before dark to ensure you find our place as without mobile coverage it can be difficult. Your digital detox starts here.
Local Area Info
* Our local pub, GNTP, Great Northern Trading Post has an amazing coffee, brekkie, lunch and it's only 4.5kms drive. 4998 8244
*Laguna Village Providore run by Raza for fresh fruit, veg, and deli essentials. It is right next to GNTP. You can pre-order grazing platters for 2 or 4 pax and pick up from the store. Closed Tue/Wed.
*Bike Hire: Hunter Valley Bicycle Rentals simply book in advance online before you arrive. Call Steve on 02 4909 8492 - www.huntervalleybicyclerentals.com.au
*Therapeutic Touch Mobile Massage.
Michelle 0437694984 for full-body therapeutic massage with essential oils
*Wine Tasting with Noyce Brothers Wine in Wollombi
Book this in for Thursday to Monday.
Book this in so you don’t miss out. Simply call Melissa of Grape Experience Tours for half or full days around the vineyards. 0414 457 956.
*Girri Girra Aboriginal Tours and Smoking Ceremony. Book in a private tour with Tim and learn about his culture and the Wollombi Valley.
Wollombi village is only ten minutes away. Finchley Track for bushing walk and sightseeing is a short drive away and check out Wollombi Valley Tourism website for more -things-to-do in the Valley.
If you are attending a Pokolbin concert or hot air ballooning - its approx 40 mins drive. For concerts, you can book in advance Rover Bus pick from GNTP. For wine tours, contact Melissa of Grape Experience Tours.
Little Valley Farm has been featured on the ABC Newcastle and Hunter Coastal Lifestyle magazine and best of all, it's a unique 'glamping' experience in Wollombi Valley.
Road access is by standard 2WD & 4WD but you will need detailed directions. Our road is not suitable for motorbikes. Our neighbour's kids ride their horses on our road so keep an eye out for them. Our road is a dirt track road with potholes and surrounded by thick bush. It is steep but only in a small section. It looks rough but any standard 2WD car can get up it. Low cars need to go very slow.
We have limited wi-fi (unreliable) and there is no mobile reception in Laguna, which is a great excuse to unwind from it all - get your digital detox here. If you pop up to the house we can sort out the wi-fi and we have a fixed landline phone.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We are here for your arrival & departure and to show you around. I will give you a quick tour of our off-grid farm and show you how to feed the alpacas and how to get some great photos also.
This is a working farm and our house is located up the hill behind the train. You will see us on the paddocks attending to our daily chores. You are very welcome to hang out with the alpacas and take lots of photos. They will love that!...
- Base Price $195 / night
- Weekend Price $210 / night
- Cleaning Fee $65
- Extra People $49 (adult) and $0 (child) / night after 2 people
20% discount for bookings of 8 nights or longer
Adventures on the Property
These are the exclusive natural wonders and outdoor activities within the property boundaries.
Feeding The Alpacas
I don't think many people could say that they feed Alpacas while having a bath. A surreal once-in-a-lifetime opportunity I will treasure forever....
Plant A Tree
Exploring In Nature
Yoga With The Alpacas
Outdoor Bath With A View
Exploring The Bushland
Fresh Local Produce
Outdoor Equipment Provided
Enjoy the outdoors with the following equipment included in your stay.
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
Visit Wollombi Tavern
Bushwalking In The Wollombi Valley
Gravel Bike Riding Book In Your Bike Hire At Hvbr
Bike hire please book in advance:
Yengo National Park
Featured in these Stories
We jump at the chance to disappear for a few days, immerse ourselves in nature and forget about phones and tech for a while, so The Little Valley Farm was a perfect opportunity to do just that. We started off with ideas of g...