Cape Cabin: A Coastal Family Retreat
The property boasts a fully enclosed, established private garden with a timber children’s playground, multiple entertaining areas both indoors and out and is a carefully considered space of relaxation and delight for up to 12 guests but equally as nice as a cosy escape for 4. As featured on The Design Files....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 2pmCheck out before 10am
- Weekday minimum booking: 2 nightsWeekend minimum booking: 2 nights
Our established native garden is a haven for birds, wildlife and nature lovers all year round. We regularly see wallabies, sea eagles, rainbow lorikeets and echidnas from the vantage point of our upstairs lounge and deck and regardless of the size of your group, you will find many quiet nooks throughout the property to sit and relax and listen to the soft chatter of birds in the canopy of large native trees that surround the property.
The house itself is a little bit magical... its handcrafted character and carefully curated mix of old and new give it a sense of space and cosiness in just the right measures. Although it has recently been painted and lovingly refurbished with all the comforts you will need for a relaxing adventure with family and friends, it still retains all of its original rustic whimsy and charm.
Bedding, quality linen and towels are supplied for all guests and the house is fully equipped to comfortably accommodate up to 12 people. As Cape Cabin has been designed as a family retreat, we would prefer to restrict the number of adults to the private bedrooms with Queen sized beds (6) - please contact us to discuss your circumstances if your group exceeds this number of adults. Any approved guests beyond the initial 6 are charged at an additional nightly rate of 50.00 per person.
Minimum stays vary according to seasonal events and holidays.
• 2 private bedrooms downstairs each with Queen size beds
• 1 private bedroom upstairs with Queen size bed + travel cot
• 1 downstairs bunk room with 2 built in Single beds
• 1 upstairs children’s playroom with 2 child sized daybeds + ladder access to an additional Queen size sleeping loft (best suited to older children, teens and the young at heart due to height/access restrictions)
• 1 Phil & Teds Infant Travel Cot available on request
• Large downstairs lounge with Netflix enabled tv, oversized beanbags and a generous super comfy modular lounge
• Enormous upstairs lounge/family room with wood fired heater, Netflix enabled tv and a multitude of books, magazines, toys and games. This room also boasts an oversized super comfy modular lounge
• 1 Bathroom with a walk in shower, toilet and laundry facilities
• 1 Bathroom with a large bathtub (with shower over bath) and separate toilet
• Fully equipped kitchen with a large farmhouse style table + bench seats
• Outdoor kitchen herb garden + comprehensive condiments, herbs + spices
• Downstairs outdoor entertaining area with BBQ and large communal table
• Upstairs entertainers deck and wrap around viewing platform
• Multiple lawn areas for relaxing and outdoor games
• Elevated timber children’s playground + swing
• Off street parking for up to 4 cars
• Soap + toiletries custom made for Cape Cabin by Soap Club
• Quality bath towels, bathrobes + crushed linen bedding
• Sonos wireless speaker system
• Phil + Teds portacot, high chair + Mountain Buggy pram available upon request
• Coffee Setup + freshly ground beans by Proud Mary Coffee
• Microwave, rice cooker, pasta maker, bread maker + handheld bamix
• 2 bar sized under bench fridges + 1 bar sized freezer
• Ironing board + iron
• Hairdryer + GHD hair straightener
• Washing machine + dryer
• Filtered drinking water + instantaneous gas hot water
• Panel heating in all bedrooms + downstairs lounge
• Large woodfired heater in the upstairs loung
• Fans + roof windows installed upstairs (no aircon)
Cape Cabin is incredibly special to our family. It is an old house overflowing with details that have been collected, crafted and inherited by our family over many generations and we invite guests who will appreciate and respect how much meaning and love exists within these elements. This is our happy place and we hope it will become yours too!
The property has been designed specifically with families in mind. We welcome children with open arms and feel confident that they will enjoy the experience as much as our own but please ensure that they are sympathetic to our children’s belongings and the unique charms of the property.
We trust that you will treat our space as you would your own and take special care to leave Cape Cabin in the condition that you found it. We understand that accidents do sometimes happen (particularly where children are involved) but in the event of something becoming damaged, broken, stained or inoperable, we request that you contact us immediately. We do of course reserve the right to withhold bond or request payment to cover the replacement or repair of any effected items however we will contact you to discuss the matter prior to doing so.
There is strictly no smoking inside the house - smoking is permitted outside but please ensure all butts are fully extinguished in the ashtrays provided.
No schoolies or parties.
Tents + camper vans are not permitted on the property.
Food and drinks are to be contained to the kitchen and outdoor eating areas.
10% discount offered to returning guests.
Cape Cabin is available for photoshoots, creative workshops and bespoke small events - get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will do what we can to make it work.
Keys are accessed via a key safe on the property so you will have private and exclusive enjoyment of Cape Cabin for the duration of your stay.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We aim to make your time at Cape Cabin as comfortable as possible and although we do not live locally, we are only a phone call away. We also have family just around the corner who can be available at short notice if required....
- Base Price $350 / night
- Weekend Price $350 / night
- Cleaning Fee $200
- Security Deposit $500
- Extra People $50 (adult) and $50 (child) / night after 6 people
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
Sand Dune Surfing
Rock Pool Swimming
Bass Straight Direct
Phillip Island Winery
Coastal Walks Surfing
Head to the wild coastal trails, beach walks and cliff top tracks that cover Phillip Island and discover the island's rich natural landscape. Take an easy stroll through beautiful and lush wetlands and along deserted beaches, or get the heart racing with a challenging coastal track or cliff top walk. Take in the spectacular views as your reward....
George Bass Coastal Walk
Surfing At Smiths Beach
Smiths Beach is normally the best surf spot for kids and beginners surfers on popular Phillip Island. This small beach has soft waves that are ideal for practising in the whitewater or catching green waves when the surf is small....
Surfing At Woolamai Surf Beach
Featured in these Stories
With the boards thrown on the car, and the kids thrown in the car we hightailed it out of the city and headed down to Phillip Island for a weekend full of fun, adventure, good food and great friends. Cape Cabin is stunning – a...