Venus Bay Eco Retreat
The cottage is comfortable in all seasons with reverse cycle air conditioning, a generous supply of rainwater, certified organic products and self contained kitchen/dining. Animal products are cooked outside on the sheltered deck. Picture windows provide natural light, air circulation and private views ideal for observing wildlife.
From the cottage you can walk or drive to nearby bird-rich wetlands at Anderson Inlet and 24km of stunning sandy beaches at Cape Liptrap Coastal Park. Wilsons Promontory National Park is 80kms scenic drive along the coast. The retreat is within easy reach of rural villages, national and marine parks, boutique wineries and slow food restaurants showcasing diverse produce from the South Gippsland region.
This unique property is 5.6 hectares of coastal bush land managed with a Trust for Nature conservation covenant, protecting biodiversity in perpetuity on private land. Your visit helps conserve this beautiful coast and its unique wildlife.
The owner/manager Mae lives on site and is available to help you make the most of your stay while respecting your privacy. WIFI is not currently available at this location, many guests connect via their mobile network. Free WIFI is available 24/7 at nearby Venus Bay Community Centre (6km)....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 02:00pmCheck out before 11:00am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
Receive a full refund (minus service fee) up until 1 week prior to check-in.
One only self contained cottage with rustic exterior and modern interior. Downstairs open plan lounge, dining and kitchen, bathroom and sheltered outdoor deck. Carpeted bedroom upstairs. Quality furnishings and original art works. DVD/CD and IPOD dock sound system.
Bathroom with private bush land view, rainwater, big bath tub, separate walk in shower, heated towel rail, hair dryer, toilet and vanity.
- Organic teas, organic herb teas and organic plunger coffee.
- Quality bed linen, pillows, Australian wool quilts.
- Bath towels and organic cotton bath sheets.
- Australian certified organic botanical bathroom and kitchen products.
Complimentary during your
- Visitor information and local maps.
- Small selection of music CD's and documentary DVD's to watch on the flat screen (not connected to TV).
- Free off road parking.
-Free WIFI is available 24/7 at nearby Venus Bay Community Centre (6km); many guests connect online via their mobile network.
Minimum 2 nights stay.
PLACES TO EXPLORE NEARBY
- Pt Smythe Nature Trails
- Anderson Inlet wetlands & bird hides
- Tarwin River walking trail & fishing platforms
- Bunurong Marine National Park
- Cape Liptrap Coastal Park
- Koonwarra Village
- Fish Creek galleries and cafes
- Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Waratah Bay and Walkerville Beach
- Bald Hills Wetland Reserve & bird hide
- Tarwin Lower Nature Reserve...
- Base Price $235 / night
10% discount for bookings of 4 nights or longer
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.