The Shack at Blue Tongue Berries
Blue Tongue Berries is a 20-acre regenerative blueberry farm located near Seymour in Central Victoria. Seymour is one hour north of Melbourne and the gateway to the Goulburn river and ranges. The farm is completely off the grid with solar and wind power stored in batteries. Our main farm building is constructed from straw bales and has a passive solar design. The farm produces premium quality organic blueberries which are exclusively sold from our Cantina.The property is self-sufficient with power, water, firewood, and the majority of our food. The property overlooks the magnificent Tallarook ranges and is a short distance from the Goulburn River, Lake Nagambie, the Great Victorian Rail Trail, and several amazing local wineries & restaurants.
The Shack (farmstay 5) is our renovated blueberry pickers shack and is nestled amongst the trees near the dam and veggie garden at Blue Tongue Berries. The Shack is our most secluded listing and is ideally suited for two people. It contains a bedroom with queen-size bed and sofa in the main building, and kitchen and bathroom in an adjacent building. The Shack has its own off-grid power system. The bathroom contains a bath, shower and composting toilet. The kitchen contains a fridge, oven, stovetop, kettle, pots, fry pans, coffee and tea making facilities, cups, glasses, plates and cutlery. The Shack has a private deck. The sofa can be setup as a sofa bed on request. This farmstay also has a flued gas heater....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 02:00pmCheck out before 10:00am
- Weekday minimum booking: 1 nightWeekend minimum booking: 1 night
Receive a full refund (minus service fee) up until 1 week prior to check-in.
- Guest numbers above two incurs an extra charge.
- Bookings with children under 12 years old are not accepted.
- Our fresh blueberry season is during summer.
- Breakfast is optional and charged as per the breakfast menu. Breakfast is available from our Cantina and can be pre-ordered during your stay (8pm cutoff).
- The Cantina is also fully licensed.
- NBN Wifi is available in all buildings and across most of the property.
- Our property is totally off-grid and occasionally has limited power.
- Please let us know before using any of your own high wattage devices.
- There's no smoking permitted inside buildings.
- Parties and events are not permitted.
- We don't accommodate pets, however, there is a cattery and kennels on a neighbouring property.
- Blue Tongue Berries contains a total of five farmstays on the property, and the hosts live on site.
- Our Local Guidebook: www.bluetongueberries.com.au/guidebook...
- Base Price $175 / night
- Extra People $40 (adult) and $40 (child) / night after 2 people
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.