Mexican-inspired Cactus Re-Treat Great Ocean Road
Your creative caravan sleeps up to 4. A fun, mexicano-inspired experience beckons the quirky outdoor-seeker. Queen bed, 2 x s single beds, kitchenette with gas fridge & cooktop, basic cooking utensils, plates/bowls, cutlery. Private outdoor mexican garden & fire pit. Private outdoor rainwater hot water shower & compost toilet to enjoy the elements or access shared bathroom with shower, toilet & additional outdoor shower just under 50m walking distance. Eco conscious with rainwater & solar power. Star-gazing & unwinding a must.
Set in nature, to allow you to relax. Take the time to make a cup of tea and enjoy it, light a fire, read a book, take a walk, go for a surf, a mountain-bike, take a nap. Reconnect with the warmth & abundance of fire with your own fire pit (restricted in fire danger periods) and if the night permits, revel in a sky of uninterrupted stars....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 2pmCheck out before 10am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
A lit path will guide you from the driveway and toilet/shower block, down to the Cactus Re-Treat:
- Queen bed
- Small single beds x 2
- Linen provided (towels & bedding)
- Outdoor gas hot water shower (limit up to 5mins)
- Eco shampoo/conditioner/body wash provided (& must be used as run-off falls to the earth)
- Compost toilet
- Board/card games
- Small indoor fireplace (wood provided)
- Fire extinguisher, Fire Blanket & Smoke Alarm
Basic kitchen; fine for preparing light meals, but not a full kitchen. For main meals we recommend Cooking outside on the gas Weber or open fire or checking out the variety of restaurants & cafes in town.
Kitchen basics include:
- Sink/small bench top
- Small gas fridge
- Gas camping cooktop & gas bottle
- Large & medium pot (located in cupboards under sink ; suitable for use on outdoor fire or gas camping cooktop)
- Plates/bowls/cutlery/glasses/cups/cooking utensils
- Weber gas BBQ for Cooking
- Outdoor fire pit for Cooking (weather permitting). Fire cooking utensils located on top of fridge (some wood provided, guests can purchase additional wood from supermarket IGA, hardware or servo Freshwater Creek)
- 2 night minimum & 3 nights peak summer
- Access to telephone signals is limited to 1 3G/4G bar, no wifi access so BYO WIFI
- 12V power to charge portable speaker/phone
- Drive at walking pace. Our friendly dog Eddie will round up your car. Pls do not feed Eddie.
- Property is on tank water. We strictly ask that showers are limited to up to 5mins.
- In COVID we ask that you have downloaded the APP in order to stay
- In fire season, you will need to download Vic Emergency App....
- Base Price $100 / night
- Weekend Price $130 / night
- Cleaning Fee $40
- Extra People $15 (adult) and $15 (child) / night after 2 people
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.