Eco Shipping Container Re-Treat Great Ocean Road
Rustic eco-inspired abode.
Private nature bush setting, allows you to disconnect from everyday life. Your unique semi shipping container sleeps 2. A simple & mindful eco abode that gives you direct viewing to our plantation (comprising 10-12 specifies of trees) with privacy screens. Double bed & indoor wood fireplace offer an existence away from the norm. Shared bathroom with shower, toilet & additional outdoor shower for those daring under 15m walking distance. Eco consciously supplied with rainwater and solar power. An outdoor kitchenette provides basic cooking facilities including gas & Weber bbq, open fire, pots/pans, plates, cutlery and utensils.
Thoroughly relax and unwind in your intimate private bush setting. Take the time to make a cup of tea and enjoy it, light a fire, read a book, take a walk, go for a surf, a mountain-bike, take a nap. Reconnect with the warmth & abundance of fire with your own fire pit (restricted in fire danger periods) and if the night permits, revel in a sky of uninterrupted stars....
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 2pmCheck out before 10am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
A lit path will guide you from the driveway and toilet/shower block, to the Shipping Container:
- Double bed
- Linen provided (towels & bedding)
- Separate shower/toilet block with indoor & outdoor showers under 15m walking distance
- Eco shampoo/conditioner/body wash provided (& must be used as run-off falls to the earth)
- Board/card games (cupboards above double bed)
- Small indoor fireplace (wood provided)
- Fire extinguisher, Fire Blanket & Smoke Alarm
- Gas BBQ & Weber gas BBQ
- Outdoor fire pit for Cooking (weather permitting). Fire cooking utensils located under sink (some wood provided, guests can purchase additional wood from supermarket, hardware or servo). For main meals we recommend Cooking outside on the open fire or checking out the variety of restaurants & cafes in town.
Kitchenette basics include:
- Sink/small bench top (cold running water)
- Small fridge
- Outdoor gas BBQ & Weber BBQ
- Plates/bowls/cutlery/glasses/cups/cooking utensils
- Access to telephone signals is limited to 1 3G/4G bar (Telstra connectivity only) & no wifi access so BYO WIFI or succumb to digital disconnectivity (device box allows you to store your device well and truly away if you so desire).
- 12V power to charge portable speaker/phone.
- Designated carpark
- Be careful of kangaroos when driving to the property (particularly on dark).
- Drive at walking pace. Our friendly dog Eddie will round up your car. Pls do not feed Eddie.
- The Shipping Container does not have curtains, you will get natural morning light, but seeing sunrise from bed can be a treat.
- Property is on tank water. We strictly ask that showers are limited to up to 5mins.
- We are a 10-acre property, surrounded by natural bush, indigenous trees and plants including manna gums, blue gums, swamp gums, black wattle and blackwood.
- We border a very rare snow gum reserve representative of the rich quality and fauna of a low gulley. Spring Creek runs through our north-eastern border and a shallow billabong runs along our southern boundary, nestling us close to the natural beauties of the bush
**--Communal Barn space no longer available in listing but did feature on previous story with journalist/photographer from Riparide. Please note these facilities are no longer available for communal use**
In fire season, then we do request that you download Vic Emergency App and set the zone to 20km of our address. In severe circumstances and very rare fire danger occasions, we do ask to remain in text contact for our combined safety. On Code Red Fire Days we offer a refund on your booking to ensure safety for all.
Please let us know when you have checked-out so we know we can pop-in to clean....
- Base Price $100 / night
- Weekend Price $130 / night
- Cleaning Fee $40
Based on traveller reviews, these are the top fulfilling moments experienced while staying here. Learn more
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.