Blue Studio Truck - Torquay Farm Stay
Features and Amenities
- Check in after 1pmCheck out before 11am
- Minimum booking: 2 nights
- 1 Queen Bed
- 2 Single Bed mattresses. Can be used in the lofts or on the floor
-The couch mattress can also be put next to the queen size bed mattress for a young child
We are located 15 minutes from Torquay on a biodynamic farm.The blue studio truck is beautifully designed using a combination of recycled timber, windows, doors, some stain glass and pine.
- Complete with kitchen, stove, fridge and sink and cosy living area which looks out towards the wetland and creek
- All utensils and linen are supplied
- Hidden on the verandah is a compost toilet
- Conventional toilet opposite truck, walk through Mary Rose's garage, 20 mt walk
- Shower next to conventional toilet
- Hot water also on tap in the studio truck
BBQ available for outside cooking
Truck is powered by solar panels
Pot belly stove for heating in winter . Good dry wood supplied. It is a tiny potbelly for a tiny house . It heats it very quickly. It has a flat top so you can cook on it too
- If you want to relax on the farm then the studio truck is set up for a simple slow lifestyle. A tiny potbelly stove awaits you. Collect some wood (also plenty dry wood available) and keep the fire stoked up while you relax, make yourself a cuppa, read a good book or enjoy some of the games supplied in the truck(lots of board games, cards ) under the couches.
- Like to meet the farm animals? We have horses, hens, ducks, milking cows and 2 dogs who love chasing the ball.We usually end up with a few orphan lambs to feed in winter during lambing season
- Guests who stay on a Tuesday or Wednesday night are welcome to participate in our Wednesday vegetable gardening group. Learn some skills about growing your own food organically. You are welcome to come for a shared lunch too on a Wednesday. We prepare our lunch with produce from the garden and we all bring something to share. Ask Mary Rose what you can bring to share if you would like to join in.
To find the blue studio truck simply drive down McIntyres rd until you get to the entrance to the Steiner School. Do not drive into the school but turn right immediately before the entrance and come through the farm gate , closing it after you. Their is a land for wildlife sign on the gate and a Mary Roses Farm Trucks sign. Drive to the end of the driveway. The studio truck is at the end of the driveway on your right. Park next to it and go in to your tiny home. No keys required. It has a compost toilet but their is also o conventional toilet and shower opposite the studio truck through the carport....
- Base Price $135 / night
The map shows the listing location and awesome adventures nearby.
Here are some details about the adventures nearby. Refer to the map for their location.
Surf Coast Walk
GREAT OCEAN ROAD & BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS
Stand Up Paddle
Featured in these Stories
There’s something very attractive about life at the farm, and our weekend at Blue Studio Truck did nothing but inspire us further, sparking our 4-year-olds curiosity in the process. Mary Rose (our host) has put together a unique ...